Wednesday 15 June 2011

Dreaming pyjamas

I had a very weird mixed up dream last night. The only strong image that I was left with was of Lewis. I was trying to pack and had all these pairs of pyjamas in different sizes, from toddler up to seven or eight year olds, all new and in packets, and even though he was standing there, he looked about four or five, I knew they were all useless and he would not fit any of them because he was grown up. It left me with an intense feeling of sadness, because he was big and I didn't need any more pyjamas for him. There was always something so lovely about cuddling a small child who is clean from a bath and dressed in fresh pyjamas. It is part of what I have gone through in the last few years ... missing the little people that they used to be, loving the people they are now, but still missing what we used to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment