Monday 1 August 2011

men's troubles

The media tends to give the impression that it is only women who worry about getting and looking older and the 'problems' of ageing. It's easy to forget that men have hormones too (I think men forget it too). The group of men I was working alongside on Saturday morning were bemoaning the state of their hair ... or rather loss or lack of it. Although hair loss does seem to be an any-time-of-life issue rather than one restricted to middle age, it was just nice to know that, as well as the endless football conversations, they do also occasionally talk about their problems. Despite the fact that men do not get a male menopause in the same way as women, after all men can continue to produce children well into old age, they do still get hormone fluctuations causing many similar symptoms. Anyway, I decided not to share my recent tribulations with them, so I just made sympathetic noises.

No comments:

Post a Comment